Phone keeps crashing and battery drainsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Clay

Clay New Member

For over a week now, my phone has been acting strange.

I use my phone (browse, text, pictures etc) and suddenly my phone restarts. And the battery is dead. Level 0%
    I charge it full. And can use it normally again. When I use it again (while full) the battery dies again.

First I thought, maybe I need to replace my battery. But I only bought this phone 2.5 months ago, so that can't be it.

I decided to take a closer look and have noticed a few things:

1. Doesn't matter which app I use, the crashing can occur any time.
    2. If I restart the phone, the battery is at level 0%
    3. But IF when it crashes and I immediately plug it in the phone starts up, with the battery back at the actual level.
    So if I restart after crashing WITHOUT plugging in, the battery is at 0% and will crash again of course.

IF I start up WITH the phone plugged it, it starts up at the actual battery level. Which can be full.

I've also noticed that after it starts up again, I get the warning:
    "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization"

So I guess I guess it's not my battery, but something else.

Even in safe mode the phone crashed, so it has to be the software and not a download app, right?

Is someone able to help me out?
    At first this only happened maybe once a day, but now it has become to the point, where the phone is almost unusable, unless I keep it plugged in the entire day.

Advertisement
  2. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

unfortunately,

sounds like a defected phone since no one else is having similar issues, but then again, I'm 100% new to this phone, don't even have it yet ( ordered ), and I'm browsing around.
  3. marbert

marbert New Member

I'm having the same thing happen with my phone. Battery will be fine, phone crashes, battery is empty. Crashes are random. I ran a virus scan app and it came up with nothing.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to android Forums Clay! :)

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

It could well be your battery is to blame, as it is a known fault with some of the S4 batteries, as this explains...

Samsung will Replace Spoiled Galaxy S4 Batteries for Free

Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery FAULTY test

Even if your battery does not spin it might be worth getting it checked out.
  5. Clay

Clay New Member

Hey, the problem is fixed.
    It WAS indeed my battery :D

When I brought my phone to repair, the guy opened it and noticed that my battery was very swollen. He said I needed to replace it.
    I did and VOILA... problem fixed. :D

My battery stays longer now too. With a single charge I can last the entire day. and I am using my phone very actively.