Phone keeps freezing/locking upSupport

1. deadlinguo

deadlinguo Member

I've had to pull the battery out three times now because the phone freezes up seemingly randomly when I use the browser. Haven't experienced this while using any other apps. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hoping this will stop happening or a new ROM will fix it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Well, it could be because you're pulling the battery for starters. This isn't a Blackberry, and the one thing Google told us when they visited was NOT to pull the battery. Its like a computer, you wouldnt yank the cord on your computer, dont do it with an Android.
  3. deadlinguo

deadlinguo Member

I only pulled the battery after it had already froze. The power button wasn't doing anything so I couldn't think of any other way to restart it. Don't see a reset button anywhere.
  4. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

anytime your browser freezes just wait a minute and let it close on it's own or let android force close it. i've had the browser crash on me when flash lite 4.0 tries to bite off more than it can chew. no freezing tho.
  5. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

mine is locking up using shop savvy and speedx 3d i have to battery pull cus nothing works!!! **** im getting pissed
  6. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

until this week ive never had to pull my battery, now ive done it 9 times!!! just keeps locking up
  7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

My phone has frozen before, few times immediately after a call ... in fact i still see the "END CALL" button but cant push it, and the call is obviously already ended.

I just let it sit for about 2min and Android reboots the phone automatically
  8. Gpcatch06

Gpcatch06 Member

Do you have an sd card in the phone....if you do pull the sd card and restart the phone. Mine was doing the same thing and eventually realized the sd card was corrupted and was freezing the entire phone. I replaced the sd card and have had no issues since.