1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone keeps rebooting, possible fix? need helpSupport

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

phone keeps rebooting, possible fix is disabling Verizon Backup Assistant. if i go into running processes and stop this app it appears the rebooting stops, but if the phone is reset it does not stay disabled i have to go back in and stop it again. can this be done? i dont like to use app killers but will it work?:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

first what version of the software are you using and do you even use the backup assistant?
  3. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

My problem was YOUMAIL. my wifes phone was rebooting a few times an hour and sometimes shutting off and cant turn back on. i read somewhere about youmail being a problem on the Ally so i deleted youmail and i have not had a reboot in going on 18 hours. hope i didnt jinx it.lol. also, i have backup assistant on my phone but never used it. i went into running services and saw that and sync and stopped them but they both still would turn back on. Verizon almost had me hard resetting the phone which would have cleared my hours of hard work setting it up.:rolleyes:
  4. bbshriver

bbshriver Member

How do you disable startup apps?
  5. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

There are apps on the market, I used one once called... Startup Manager I believe. It DOES require root though.

And if you do root the phone you might as well remove the preinstalled apps like backupassistant and socialite
  6. SthrnLuvinGal

SthrnLuvinGal New Member

Not sure if this matter anymore considering the age of the entry, but to disable apps on start-up, I was advised to use "Open Advanced Task Killer." It is a free app in the android market & it works great.