Phone keeps rebooting.Support

1. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Okay. Now it's painfully obvious that this phone won't work out for me.

It reboots by itself when it's not on charge. When it's on charge it's fine.

It reboots on 4G and 3G, It even reboots in airplane mode.

Once it reboots a few times it just stays off until I pull battery and restart.

To be honest, I'm super stressed now because I'd been waiting for this phone only for it to be a dud. Do I have any options or do I just have to return it and wait for 5 more days for it to release in the stores?

What a pain.

Anyone in development know anything about this issue.
    It shows something like HTC_shooter error.

Advertisement
  2. WC Jerome

WC Jerome Well-Known Member

Please, don't tell me that. Right now, I own the ZTE Warp from Boost. It's the main reason why I'm switching to this phone!! :banghead:
  3. wigginst

wigginst Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it sounds like you got a dud phone. I have not had any problems with mine. It has never rebooted itself and all of the data etc. is working correctly (even get 4g in places I didn't think had it).
  4. septembersrain

Someone wrote that it means there was a failed update in the Hboot?

I don't know anything about HTC phones to be honest.
    This is definitely a software issue though. If only I can figure out how to just put new software on it soon...
  5. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

Let me guess.

Sprint branded phone?
  6. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Try flashing the jmz shooter rom.

Imagine guessing that HTC is gonna release an update really soon. The software appears to have been rushed because of the demand.
  7. Darkencypher

I'm starting to think that HTC flashed these roms and because of time constraints didn't test them at all.
  8. septembersrain

I'm keeping my eye on it. I don't have my cover on it right now.

It hasn't rebooted. O.O

I swear if it's the case, I'll be annoyed. I have no idea... Perhaps the case is so tight it keeps pressing the power button? Is that possible?
  9. WC Jerome

Have their been problems with those particular phones from Radio Shack? Have all the Evo V's (even the ones not from RS) been Sprint-branded so far?
  10. Darkencypher

That's possible. Actually, for your sake I hope that's what's wrong :eek:.
  11. septembersrain

OH my gosh, Me too! LOL (I'm trying to be optimistic.)

So.. If that turns out to be the case.. That means my power button is uber sensitive.

Suggestions on cases that aren't covering the power button at all?
  12. Antiochus

Antiochus Well-Known Member

It does seem like Radio Shack has been the common denominator for everyone who has had an issue. As far as activation goes, I bet a lot of these problems have to do with Radio Shack trying to activate the phone. I think the best advice is not to allow Radio Shack to do the activation and don't turn on the phone until you are ready to activate. If you are porting your number, do not turn on the phone before you receive confirmation that the port is complete.
  13. Darkencypher

Time for Darkencypher's solutions that are kinda terrible!

Gel case and cut out a big hole for the power button.
    septembersrain likes this.
  14. thebryceee

septembersrain likes this.
  15. WC Jerome

Don't worry. I wasn't gonna let RS do my activation anyway!!! ...lol... I usually do all that on my own.
  16. septembersrain

That's so crazy! I was over here panicking and stuff over nothing!
    I did the slide the finger thing over my power button... Guess I've got one of those super sensitive ones too.

HAHA! -_- Crap.
    I think I might have to get one of those hard covers with the pre-cut sections out of them. I hate hard covers but it's better than NO cover right?

So... Does Best Buy install screen protectors?
  17. thebryceee

You could try an otterbox.

My extended battery comes with a replacement case but hopefully I don't have one of those power button sensitive units.
  18. 3matthew13

3matthew13 Well-Known Member

19. detector19

detector19 Member

Yes they do,they charged me $7.00 to install it.
  20. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I don't think that it's the actual power button being overly sensitive, anyone who has one can see that instead of actually pressing the button you're actually pressing on a nub built into the cover. I think that manufacturing tolerances are to blame. Try sending the underside of the nub a bit. Hope that works for you girl, I know what you went through to get the damn thing. :( ps: don't get your screen protector at BB, all they sell are Zaggs which will ruin the feeling of the touch screen, try getting an Armor shield from Amazon, much better imho.
  21. KryptoNyte

KryptoNyte Well-Known Member

That's crazy. The power button on my phone is so stiff that I have to very deliberately press it (sometimes multiple times) to get the phone out of sleep.
  22. 3matthew13

3matthew13 Well-Known Member

I agree about the Zagg comment... had one on my Touch Pro 2... absolutely awful on the touchscreen itself. Almost felt sticky!

I'd recommend any kind of heavy screen protector where you actually peel off a mask on BOTH sides... I have 2 here that came with my ACASE Superleggra from Amazon.
  23. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Look at the package, it actually says "Improves grip". Not sure why you would want that on a touch screen.

I couldn't stand mine on the OV, it was also so thick that it lost a lot of sensitivity.
  24. septembersrain

Yeah, I decided to nix that idea after reading reviews on here and on the BB website. Just got a regular screen protector from a kiosk in the mall.

I'm kinda annoyed though and will need to peel it at work. It's got a humongous piece of black lint under it. Right where it stands out on my 3D photos. LOL.
  25. masho

masho Member

did you try master reseting it.

1.Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.

2.Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.

3.Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.

4.Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.