Phone keeps restarting

Last Updated:

1. mklear

mklear Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I have stock 2.2 D1 and just this morning my phone will stay on for about 5 minutes then freeze up and restart. Stay on for 5 minutes then restart again. Battery is full...when the screen goes into standby is when it seems to have problems. Just started happening around 10:00am today. Anyone else having issues?

Advertisement
  2. absolUtmagnitUd

absolUtmagnitUd New Member

yup, and screen totally unresponsive when it's on... ugh

3. mklear

Ok good so its not just me? Yep the screen will just stay black until a battery pull, and the back will be burning hot. Sounds like a fantastic upgrade to me :)

4. mystereon

mystereon Active Member

Same here!

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Conflicting app? I know that there were issues with loops like this concerning Helix Launcher and 2.2. And from what I gather, there are a handful of other apps that don't play nice with 2.2. Your best bet if you can is factory reset and attempt to isolate the rogue app that's causing the loop.

6. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

have you guys tried a factory reset ?

In the rooting world we must wipe data/cache when going from 2.1 to 2.2 or vice versa. So I dont understand how this update could be implemented without a wipe :(

dont forget to back up your stuff first ;)

7. mklear

I uninstalled helix in 2.1 because i knew there was an issue with Froyo, and I haven't changed any apps in the last couple days, so everything was working just fine yesterday and as of this morning 0 changes but my phone won't stop freezing then rebooting. The four buttons at the bottom vibrate when i press them (the back arrow, menu, home, and search) but nothing else on the screen works at all, so factory reset is not an option. Holding down the power button does nothing, after the screen timeout it just stays black and won't allow me to turn back on. Its really bizzare

8. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

pull the battery and reinsert then hold X down on the keyboard and press the power button without letting go of the X ... when you see the triangle press volume up and the camera button ... use the volume rocker to navigate your options and the camera button to select and the power button to go back if needed.

I have not been in this situation but, I think this will get you into the stock recovery

9. ar10

ar10 Member

This was happening to my phone this morning. Took me forever, but I uninstalled Flash (unofficial) and LauncherPro, and the phone is fine now. I'm suspecting that the issue was with launcherpro, but not sure why because the phone was working fine yesterday and I don't believe there was an update. Using the stock homescreens for now =p

10. dvmweb1984

dvmweb1984 Member

Same problem with my Original Droid with an app called"antivirus". Did a full reset and then discovered that was the cause. So one of your add ons may be causing this.