Phone keeps shutting down at around 50-60% battery life.Support

Last Updated: 2012-08-19 15:19:21
  1. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

I have 2.3 rooted now on stock rom. Have had it for a while now and for the last month or so if Im playing a game, on the phone or on the net for a while. Like over 15-20 minutes with about half of my battery left the phone will just shut down.

If I don

Advertisement
  2. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

and how do you that? I read something about clockworkmod but dont know how to rebot into recovery.
  3. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member

I believe there is a battery stat app in the market for the x10
  4. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Or change the screen brightness from bright to less bright. Helps save my battery life a bit.
  5. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

I cant find it and have no idea how to boot into recovery to format the batetry.. HEEEELP:confused::confused:
  6. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member

It might be a heat issue. I've had 2 replacement handsets that kept resetting themselves due to heat issues. Once the phone gets damaged once due to heat (and this is a common issue with the Xperia), then the damage has been done.

My first handset reset itself when I was using Google Navigation while the phone was charging in the car, and that was how I proved it to the people in the shop: I plugged it in and messed around with maps for a minute and then it reset. Did it again, same thing.

It's worth mentioning that I managed to get a replacement through my operator in the UK *after* the 1 year manufacturer warranty passed because the phone was basically faulty.
  7. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

I forgot to update this.
    I bought two new battery's off ebay for $6.
    Guess the battery got screwed.

Works great now, doesnt shut off at all. Im so happy because I would literally not use my phone in less I had too in fear of shutting off...
  8. zapak

zapak New Member

Exactly same problem am having...are you sure replacing the battery will resolve this issue?.
  9. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

Yup, still working fine.

I cant wait to get rid of this phone next month though. It lags so much.