• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps shutting off by itself

If you're on a custom ROM, re-flash. I had an issue with a ROM that I flashed, that rebooted randomly...Try another ROM, too. If you're stock and not rooted, well...Factory Data Reset, see if it persists. Battery pull, hold down power for 30 seconds, put the battery back in...and see if it helps.

Else...it's hardware issue

Upvote 0
Yes I think its only been happening since I got the new back cover. The weird thing is I don't even think I'm touching the phone when it goes out but I could be wrong. I'll try sanding around the power switch to see if that works. I really love my Evo but when it randomly shuts off it get quite annoying because it happens throughout the day. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi optimisticgurl

That issue is actually more common than you might think on Android phones. Different things can cause this issue so I might need some additional information. Most importantly is whether the phone is powering off and stays off and you yourself have to manually power it back on or is it power-cycling (powering itself off and then powering itself back on all by itself).

If it

Upvote 0
Hi optimisticgurl

That issue is actually more common than you might think on Android phones. Different things can cause this issue so I might need some additional information. Most importantly is whether the phone is powering off and stays off and you yourself have to manually power it back on or is it power-cycling (powering itself off and then powering itself back on all by itself).

If it

Upvote 0
Hi,

My phone has been working alright but since changing to a new sim card today it turns off by itself randomly. It is still doing this even after I have performed a reset. Has anyone heard of this before?

Are you certain that you have an HTC EVO V 4G on Virgin Mobile's network? If so, you don't have SIM cards...as it's not a GSM phone. Did you mean micro SD card?

Upvote 0
Anyone know of a fix because my phone continues to randomly shut off all by itself and its making me frustrated!:mad:

I'd appreciate any advice you HTC Evo owners can give?

Most people forget to charge the phone for 24 hours before they use it the first time. Even after you charge the phone for a few hours and it is indicating it's charged it is really not. Turn the phone off and let it charge 24 hours and that will eliminate the problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones