• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps shutting off

b00mhower

Lurker
May 19, 2015
This problem started three days ago. My phone will shut off at random times, battery percentage has so impact, I've searched this site and found plenty of other issues like mine but nothing they said that I tried worked. For a Little bit I could just pull the battery and turn it back on no problems but now it's more of a crap shoot. Any help appreciated I'm considering doing a factory reset again but making good and sure that everything is properly backed up this time.

Did you get at launch 2 years ago?

I understand that you metered it but could your battery be dodgy?

The battery rating is nominal.

A fully charged li-poly battery would be around or above 4.2V charged, 2.7V when discharged.

I got it a little under a year ago. I have a li-ion battery (if that's different than li-poly) and all the battery readers I have on the phone tell me it's fine

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones