Phone keeps turning offSupport

1. pupuli

pupuli New Member

I just bought a new Samsung Exhibit II, unlocked, and it keeps turning off by itself and I have to turn it on whenever I need to use it. I turn it on and if I don't use it continuously, it turns off again. Since I bought it online and not on contract, plan to use it overseas, I can't return it to shop and don't want to send it back to eBay without knowing if it's something I am doing wrong. I have set it on with the screen going off in 30 seconds but want the phone stay on and all I have to do is touch the screen to use it. Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. aap

aap Active Member

That's not how Android works. After 30 seconds the screen goes off, and then you have to use the power button to turn the screen back on, and slide to unlock the lock screen. Working the way you describe would use more battery.

I am assuming that this is the behavior you are seeing, and that pushing the power button makes the lockscreen appear almost immediately -- if so there is nothing wrong with your device. On the other hand if after the screen shuts off by itself the bootup screen appears (with the Samsung logo) then you might have a bad device.
  3. pupuli

pupuli New Member

Thank you. Much appreciated.