• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Keeps Turning On the Off

comish4lif

Lurker
Dec 20, 2011
I have a new LG Optimus Slider. Virgin Mobile is the carrier. I've had it about a week, loving it. No problems.

Today, the browser crashed immediately after opening, so, I closed it and it did it again. So, then I decided to turn it off and back on. When I did that, it flashed the little Virgin Mobile (VM), the the noisy VM splashscreen, then back to the VM logo. Then it repeats the process. I took out the battery. Gave it a rest for a few minutes, put the battery back in and the same thing happened.

Any thoughts/suggestions how to get out of this loop?

I have the same problem on my Op V but i cant hard reset it just flashes LG on and off why did this happen it was fine last night????? Any thoughts?

Did you ever find a solution?

I have the same problem. It just happened. I turn on the phone and it says LG and Hello virgin mobile and keeps repeating it. The only way it stops doing it. Is if I pull the battery out. If I find a fix. I will post it here. I plan on fixing it. I don't have the money to just buy a new one right now. Plus, I don't have insurance. Even if I did. It would have been a waste of money. They charge you a large deductible for a refurbished phone and not a new phone. My brother had to pay a deductible of $60 for a samsung intercept, which is $99 brand new, which is a total rip off. So he paid two thirds the value of a the price of a brand new phone, for a refurbished one.

If I can't fix it. I will probably save for a better phone and even look around at other companies and have my number ported. I will have to buy a cheap burn phone till I save up enough to get a HTC EVO or better. BTW, anyone looking to buy a new phone should use the app Price Check by Amazon. I found incredible deals on there for phones. I think I even saw a new LG Optimus Slider for $90. That is half of what virgin mobile wants on their site for a brand new one.

Bill

PS. I noticed my browser kept crashing before this and was even going to do a factory reset. I downloaded a backup app today and backed my entire phone up. My advice is if anyone has problems with their browser crashing. They should do a factory reset ASAP, after they save their important info. Since I have a feeling it would have fixed the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones