Phone Kept Partially Awake??Support

Last Updated:

1. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I noticed that today my phone says:

up time: 6:41

awake time: 2:49

Here's the thing...I have not been on my phone for 2:49. I think I've used it for about 15 total minutes total today (busy with work ha). I've read lots of threads about apps making the up/awake time the same (100%) and not letting your phone sleep. What apps or programs gives you a partial awake time? Is there an app to check it?

I mean it makes it kind of hard to do a trial and error app by app since I don't know at what point it's sleeping and what point it's awake (essentially it would take me 1 app per day to see if the numbers line up, or don't line up with my estimated usage).

For example, if it was 100% it would be easier to test because I would just uninstall, soft reset, and watch it for an hour to see if it's 100% or not, but because mine's at about 50%, that could be the 50% of time it's sleeping properly, if that makes sense!

Also, my usage is as follows (no specific program listed):

cell standby 32%
    phone idle 30%
    voice calls 23%
    android system 11%
    display 4%

Any suggestions or thoughts would be great!

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

The battery widget I use, BatteryLeft, gives Partial Awake Time (among other things). You can also set it to view "since last booted", "since last unpluged", etc.

Android System Info gives a ton of information, as well. But that is more for system information (cpu and memory) than battery usage.

alison03 likes this.
  3. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

It will not tell you what is keeping your phone from sleeping.

4. ju1c3

ju1c3 Well-Known Member

facebook update keeps phone awake on some people

5. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

If you have any programs on auto sync, the phone wakes until the sync is done (usually).
    If you did the FB update, make sure the refresh is off. Some are seeing 100% wake even with the 1hr refresh interval.

6. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tips, everyone! Will d/l the app and check out my facebook. Don't think I've used it at all in the last few days but that could be it!!

7. vinnie21000

vinnie21000 New Member

Remove the HTC text message widget (not the link) this worked for me. You will know if it worked by rebooting your phone and testing the awake time verse up time.