Phone keypad not available on calls

Last Updated:

1. AKhero

AKhero New Member This Topic's Starter

I make several calls that require me to enter additional tones on the keypad, and hate that I have to open the keypad, or worse, have to unlock the phone first, then open the keypad.

Is there an app that will allow me to keep the phone keypad open during calls, or is there a setting somewhere I can change to do this?

My fiance has an iphone and when you move the phone away from your ear the keypad opens. That would be a cool option for the Hero.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Advertisement
  2. mtalexan

mtalexan Member

I don't know what version of Android you're running, but my phone doesn't lock while I'm on a call. It may be a setting within the normal system ones that allowed me to do that.

As far as keeping the keypad up, the keypad hiding while on the call has become standard for nearly every smartphone. Everyone I know with an iPhone has to press the "keypad" button to get it to come back up after the connection is made, otherwise they have a few simple options for in-call handling. The same is true for phones running Windows Mobile 6.0-6.5. I don't know of any apps that change this behavior, and I've specifically looked for modified phone keypads in the app store.

3. daznsaz

daznsaz Member

I was thinking that, i have found that pressing the trackball brings screen up, then there is a little keypad icon bottom right that brings up keypad.

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Their is a app in the market called Shake Awake that will sort out your problem

5. AKhero

AKhero New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! I knew I came to the right place... This app works well to keep the phone from locking, but does not keep the keypad in place. I found I have to hit the keypad button immediately after I dial the number to have it available for entering tones into the call. At least half the problem is fixed.

The part about having to hit the keypad key after dialing is no big deal, but it would be nice if there was something that would take care of that, too.