1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Phone locked after every callSupport

1. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is it SUPER annoying that the phone locks itself whenever you finish a call?

Is there an option that I can set the phone to NOT automatically lock itself after ending a call?

Advertisement
  2. j3yps

j3yps Member

same question here
  3. Aqus

Aqus Active Member

Ok so I am not the only one.
  4. jebusmackay

jebusmackay Member

If you set the screen timeout to 'never timeout' then the phone is not locked during or after calls. The option to alter the screen timeout length is in ->system settings ->Sound and display-> screen timeout.
    Hope this helps:)
  5. sleepless

sleepless Well-Known Member

Jebusmackay - That doesn't work.
  6. garytheanimal

garytheanimal Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me either :(
  7. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Okay at least I now know that I'm not alone on this one. Guess we can only hope that a firmware update will solve this issue...it's extremely annoying if I want to call someone right after I end a call...argh...
  8. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

It locks for me after a call only if I had the screen locked when I got the call. It's kind of handy so that someone who doesn't know my screen lock can still answer the phone, but after the call is over, phone is locked and they can't see my personal info, I had my iPhone do the same.
  9. Aqus

Aqus Active Member

Mine is locked right after even if I initiated the call.
  10. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter whether I initiated or it's an incoming call, whenever a call ends, the screen is locked after...
  11. suewah

suewah New Member

I've had Blackberrys and iPhones before buying the x10. The none of my previous phones work like this. If you're always on the phone like me, it's a real pain in the ass to have to unlock my phone each time. I've played with every setting, there isn't a way around this. I really hope they fix this soon.
  12. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

any solution to this yet?
  13. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

I can confirm that it's still an issue, even with latest (R2BA020) firmware installed.
  14. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

booooooo :)
  15. KramKroc

KramKroc Member

This annoyed me initially as well but I've come around to thinking that it is a good idea for two reasons. Firstly for security reasons, if someone finds a lost phone and i call it to see if someone has found it then i wouldn't want them to be able to use the phone afterwards if screens unlocked. Secondly it prevents me accidentally putting phone with unlocked screen into pocket after finishing a call.
  16. kenthandsfree

kenthandsfree Active Member

It's so bloody annoying I could scream (mind you, if I was screaming down the phone to an X10 user they wouldn't hear cos the earpiece is crap).
    Come on APP writers, get this one sorted cos SE aint gonna!
  17. safe_12345

safe_12345 Member

Why not try lock bot pro? It replaces the lock. Haven't actually noticed what it does after a call. I'll keep an eye out for it.
  18. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

holy post resurecetion!

I have the same problem, even if i end the call...
  19. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member

It's not a 'problem' or an 'issue' or even a 'fault', it's a characteristic of the handset and if you don't like this feature just download an unlock/lock app.
  20. garytheanimal

garytheanimal Well-Known Member

I can confirm that i've tried everything, but it always locks after you've made or received a call, just another annoying little stupid thing.

They should have called this phone the 'Almost there' not the Xperia.
  21. Shreif

Shreif New Member

i was so angry about that lock after every call till i found that widget u can down load it from the market (lock screen switch, and ur promblem will end
  22. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

When i had my x10 i thought the lock after call is ******ed, what a stupid idea, and there seems to be no way to turn it off.