• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone locked, deleted contacts

Hello everyone,

Last night, my HTC Incredible randomly locked up -- went totally black, wouldn't respond to anything. After a few tries, I was able to reboot, at which point the phone still seemed to be having trouble (plain black background, clock and weather cutting in and out). After another reboot or two, the phone began to function normally, but all of my contacts that were stored in the phone (as opposed to Google or FB for HTC sense contacts) were deleted. There were approximately 5 random contacts in my "People" section, all seemingly imported from Facebook. Pictures and text messages were still on the phone, but the text messages were only associated with the phone numbers, not with the names. Additionally, when I tried to make a phone call, I got a message that my phone was not authorized.

After speaking with Verizon, my phone's calling capabilities were restored. I also used backup assistant to restore most of the contacts to my phone (though for some reason the last time they were backed up was approximately 2 years ago, so I have no numbers that I've gotten in the interim.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened to my phone, and whether there is any way to restore the contacts that I had before last night's crash?

Also, is there any way to link all contacts with their Facebook profiles in one batch so that the pictures are matched up, or do I have to do this individually for each one using the "link" feature?

Thanks everyone. Any help would be appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones