Phone locked upSupport

Last Updated:

1. grphx

grphx Member This Topic's Starter

I was taking a picture with my phone a little bit ago, and my phone locked up. None of the buttons would work and I couldn't hold power button down or nothing.

So I pulled my battery out, let it sit for about 5min and put it back in. Now it's been about 10min and still on the "AT&T World Phone" screen.

I'm going to just leave it on that screen and hope the battery dies all the way soon, then hook it up to the wall and see if it will turn on.

I know the iphone has a way where you can reset a phone if it locks up, and of course i have my numbers backed up to my google account so I'm not worried about that. Don't really care about the videos/pictures I have on ther ebecause I typicall upload to youtube/flickr right after I take them.

Anybody have any advice?

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

As much as this is not fun to do, do a cache reset the device.

Step 1. Power off the phone (pull the battery), wait 10 seconds.

Step 2. Turn the phone off after file transfer is complete

Step 3. Hold both Volume Up and Volume Down while powering on the device to enter the recovery menu(note: let go of the power button after seeing initial boot screen, otherwise it'll continue to power cycle)

Step 4. Select delete all user data

Step 5. Select delete cache data

Step 6. Select reboot system now. Phone will automatically reboot.

If that does not work, you may need to use the Odin3 one click return to stock; here: [STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers - xda-developers

Good luck

3. grphx

I followed both your instructions, and the one click and it didn't work. I'll keep checking the forums but after work tomorrow i guess I gotta go to AT&T.

4. grphx

Hah now it won't even turn it on. I guess I did the oneclick thing wrong.