• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone locking up lately?

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2010
I have a friend that the other day said her phone was locking up a lot, requiring battery pulls. Then a couple days later mine started doing it. I think I had to pull the battery like 4 times over the weekend.
Just wondering if anyone else's phone is doing this lately.

Go Launcher EX here.

Words with Friends acting up like crazy.

Reactions: steve4294
I have a friend that the other day said her phone was locking up a lot, requiring battery pulls. Then a couple days later mine started doing it. Ithink I had pull the battery like 3-4 times over the weekend.
Just wondering if anyone else's phone is doing this lately.

Go Launcher EX here.

Words with Friends acting up like crazy.

My Words with Friends has been acting up too and my gf's as well so you aren't the only one. Is your phone OC'd at all? That's the only time mine locks up is when I clock it too high.

Upvote 0
No Over Clock here.

Was wondering if it was the Go Launcher update...or updates. There were a few the past week.

My typical screen for Words with Friends(assuming Ad Blocker incompatibility):

snap20110228_093051.png

Upvote 0
YES, YES, YES!!!! as of late my phone has been automatically rebooting, locking... Just acting funky. I've had to BATT-PULL several times over the last month or so. Just think that the various apps don't always work seamlessly with the stock android shawdow no matter what you are using as a launcher... Go, Launch Pro, ADW etc. etc.

Man, I got to say that there is something to be said for having one company be so involved/BigBrother over the apps. Generally don't have all these problems. We've got 2 ipads and 3 ipods in the house... we NEVER go through all this. I'm a Mac guy... guessing that the Summer Santa will be putting something new under the umbrella :eek:

Love my X, would I would compare it to having a PC... Always worried about stuff other than just it WORKING. Mac does that for me... It just works. I'm not a hacker, gamer, programmer, or builder... I just need my stuff to work. Simple... or so you'd think.

sorry for the rant.

Upvote 0
YES, YES, YES!!!! as of late my phone has been automatically rebooting, locking... Just acting funky. I've had to BATT-PULL several times over the last month or so. Just think that the various apps don't always work seamlessly with the stock android shawdow no matter what you are using as a launcher... Go, Launch Pro, ADW etc. etc.

Man, I got to say that there is something to be said for having one company be so involved/BigBrother over the apps. Generally don't have all these problems. We've got 2 ipads and 3 ipods in the house... we NEVER go through all this. I'm a Mac guy... guessing that the Summer Santa will be putting something new under the umbrella :eek:

Love my X, would I would compare it to having a PC... Always worried about stuff other than just it WORKING. Mac does that for me... It just works. I'm not a hacker, gamer, programmer, or builder... I just need my stuff to work. Simple... or so you'd think.

sorry for the rant.

That's just crap. My wife had an iPhone for a year and it locked up, crashed, lost data to the point you had to turn 3g off, or just needed to be reset on a consistent basis. We have had way less problems with our X's, but they are still computers so they have problems. I'm used to that and I'm sure the situation is even worse then it needs to be because a hardware company (Motorola) can't admit it isn't a software company.

If you want to hear how bad apple is come to my office. There is nothing but cursing and bitching towards apple because of our Mac's constant problems at an OS level because of bugs or just nonsensical design choices. Then ask them about iTunes or ever worse... XCode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones