Phone Log / KeypadSupport

1. kayzee

kayzee New Member

I Looked around but didnt see it anywhere, is there a way to make my phone so when i go into the phone app stay on the 'call logs' menu rather than it always switching back to the keypad? I dont remember that last time I actually dialed a number lol...

samsung s4

Advertisement
    :
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how to fix it (although I'll see if I can work it out) but I don't believe that this is the default behaviour.

I didn't consciously change any dialler settings and mine does what you would like yours to (i.e. stay on the log tab) rather than what it actually does.
  3. kayzee

kayzee New Member

Yea please check, this has bothering me since i got the phone about a month ago.
  4. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

I would love for mine to default to call logs as well. At least on previous phones, the call log and dialer shared the screen so it wasn't as bad.
  5. star444

star444 Member

I too, did not consciously change any dialer settings, and mine opens up to whichever tab I used before closing it last time. So, usually when I open it it defaults to the call log.
  6. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

Mine also opens whichever tab i used last. If i used log it always open on the log tab. So no setting is required.
  7. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

For me, if I open the Phone app via the phone icon, it opens up the last screen I was in.
    If I open the phone app through the Contacts app, then the dialer always shows as default, which is the way I think it should be.
  9. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

I seem to have figured out my problem. Not exactly sure what they did, but when Go Launcher installed, the dock shortcuts are set differently.

I first encountered the issue when using their default dock "Contacts" button would make my phone forget my "Contacts to display" option, showing ALL my contacts every time I went into it. After about two weeks I used the App Drawer shortcut and like magic, the setting stuck. I deleted the dock icon and reset it with the app drawer one.

I just tried the same thing with the Phone button. Using the default dock icon always takes me to the Dialer (and happens to be the icon's default name). Using the App Drawer's "Phone" one takes me to the last page used so I put that on the dock instead.

If you guys are using launchers with dock shortcuts (specifically one named Dialer), try using your app drawer/Phone shortcut and see what results you get.
  10. kayzee

kayzee New Member

i have nothing installed on my galaxy s4 got it about a month ago... I love it just minor issues... the fact there is like a million bloat apps from att i will probably never use; and the fact that whenever i open up my 'phone' app the keypad keeps coming up. Very annoying my gf' on verizon has the same issues.