1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone Looping after updateSupport

1. rawly

rawly Member

Well!

Have x10 Mini Unlocked on o2. Downloaded SE UPdate App this morning, and it detected new s/w. Downloaded OK. Applied to Phone OK. Finished and told me to unplug USB and start up phone.

Phone just loops around the splash screen?

HELP!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rawly

rawly Member

So, here's my story since I posted my failure!

Contacted SE via their online chat and they verified my phone was a brick and would have to return it to the Service Centre as the Update had failed.

Anyway, after reading a few threads across the internet, I tried to use the
    Timbo_UK likes this.
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I am really pleased that you got sorted without having to send it off. Let's hope that this information helps others too. Have you been posting on SE's own forum because i have seen a few people over there with the same problem.
  4. rawly

rawly Member

Indeed I saw a chap this morning on the SE forums who posted what seemed the same problem, he updated his wifes X10mini and got the looping problem.

I am not registered on there, so have not posted what I did there.

BTW! Love the new interface! Setup my Gmail account fine, and resynced all my contacts back from GMail (which I backed up to earlier) fine. Also I noticed GMail now lets you add multiple accounts - which is what I also needed, as have a 'work' gmail type account also - which I had to access via their web interface under 1.6. Yippeee!
  5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Have posted a link to here on the mini and X10 forums as there were similar problems on each.

Enjoy the upgrade, I am still waiting on 2.1 from T-Mobile UK :(
  6. Timbo_UK

Timbo_UK New Member

Yep, that was me. Wife went mental, but after leaving for 7h to go flat I could start again using SEUS.

Running 2.1 OK now.

(And it runs better, smoother and faster then my Galaxy S; hmm Samsung!)
  7. eeecal

eeecal New Member

i am already install android from 2.1 to 2.2 on my se x10 mini pro ...after it restart it stuck in SONY ERICSSON text...............please help me...im give up already....:(
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

I assume if you have upgraded to 2.2 that you have used third party tools to do so. If then handset will not boot past this screen then I would advise reinstalling the firmware via the Update Service application:

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1317636927/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.10.7.exe