"Phone Low On Storage" on info bar?Support

Last Updated:

1. Rez90

Rez90 Member This Topic's Starter

So my wife asked me today about a warning she got on her info bar. It said "Phone storage low" and when you press it it brings you to "Manage applications"

On her Contacts Storage it was taking 89mb. Does this mean she's not linked up to google? Mine is only like 12mb and i have WAY more contacts then she does.

Can anyone shed some light on this? it gives the option to Clear Contact Data but my wife would lose her mind (as we all would) if we lost all of our contacts.

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

I started getting the same message yesterday... hmm I wonder what its from. My storages are all empty but I cant download new apps.

3. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but search the forums. It's ALL OVER THE PLACE. I don't mean that like, "You're Blind for not seeing it." I mean that like, "This keeps coming up and it's driving me crazy."

I had to do a Hard Reset (wipe EVERYTHING from my phone) a week or so ago and now the warning has popped back up.

SOOOO frustrating.

4. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Well-Known Member

This has been on my phone for a few days also, it is extremely annoying, AND they need to put a fix out for this, ive tried everything besides a hard reset and i managed to get rid of it temporarily.

If it appears, you cannot install any more apps, to get rid of mine i had to keep uninstalling apps AND remove my mail account, my biggest file listed on applications was 80 meg of the MAIL client not the contact list but there seems to be an issue with something to do with both from what ive been reading and keeping up on.

As of right now, i cannot receive emails on my phone since i removed my account, note i also removed facebook account and anything else of the such. I hope they can release a fix for this real soon, i would imagine they have to know about this problem, and it seems its starting to become a major pain for alot of people out there.

5. TeddyHeisman

TeddyHeisman Well-Known Member

My situation is beyond annoying.

I really want this homerun derby app on my phone, but EVERY TIME I download it, I get the low storage message. As soon as I uninstall the app, it goes away.

If I install other apps, I don't get the message.

It's as if god doesn't want me to play this Homerun Derby game.

6. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Lol, have you tried removing an app that you dont use and free up some memory? Or you could move them to your sd card if you rooted and ran froyo.

7. TeddyHeisman

TeddyHeisman Well-Known Member

I have deleted several apps. It hasn't changed my problem.

The weird thing is that my phone's performance hasn't changed at all.

I just hate seeing that notification.

8. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

When I did a factory reset my data radio failed to load. Now I get to wait for a refurb. :(

9. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

Can you do it again and see it it comes back up? How did you reset it?