phone memory inadeqateSupport

Last Updated:

1. tymbian

tymbian Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had the msg. Today that I don't have enough phone memory to install the latest software update how do I find out. 1. what is stored on my phone memory and 2. what I can delete and what I can't?

Advertisement
  2. AaronM

AaronM New Member

It's your firmware and apps stored on the internal memory. Just delete apps you've downloaded to make enough space to do the update, then you'll be able to move new apps onto the SD when you put 2.2 on.

3. tymbian

tymbian Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm already on 2.2 its an OTA update I'm trying to install. Msg. Says keep 25MB free which I don't have so im going to need to uninstall something but I don't know what is on the int. Memory.

4. Gisbourne

Gisbourne Well-Known Member

I have to say that given the price of flash based memory these days, the Desires internal memory is pretty pathetic! :(

G

5. pspbricker

pspbricker Well-Known Member

To answer your question (which was what he was hoping for...)

1 Go to "menu, settings, applications, manage applications" . You can then either delete unneeded apps, or move to the SD card if the option is there. Look for a thread here entitled "Force apps to SD Card" in Tips and tricks.

2. The only thing I would say don't delete is "contact storage". Anything else can easily be reinstalled from the market.