1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Phone Memory Xperia RaySupport

1. mistryshailesh

mistryshailesh New Member

I have Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray (ST18i), Android Ver 4.0.4, Build 4.1.B.0.587
    Phone Memory: 420MB, Available 45.53MB
    SD Card: 16GB, Available: 11.72GB.

I am not able to move applications like OfficeSuite, WhatsApp, NeoReader, Astro, Flashlight, Photoshop Express, iStoryBooks, ElectionCommission, IRCTC, Ringdroid... etc. from Phone to SD Card. I am using App 2 SD to move.

Pl. help me to empty space from my phone as I have enough space in my SD Card. I am not able to install new Apps.

Advertisement
  2. iamviveksri

iamviveksri Well-Known Member

what is the problem exactly? any error messages etc? please describe the steps u take
  3. schwep

schwep New Member

Unfortunately, some apps just won't allow you to move them to an SD card, while others will. One solution is to try various similar apps and if they work properly, see f you can move them to SD card. Then keep the one that can be moved and delete the one that can't. Some apps come with the phone hard-baked in ROM and I suppose them may be deleted or moved when you root your phone, not otherwise. Office Suite is a case in point, but there are alternatives for that. I can't delete or move the Office Suite Reader that comes with the phone, but I installed Kingsoft Office to read and write office documents, and it does move to the SD. But I still have a long list of stuff that won't move even with App2SD: Avast Security (logical, needs to stay on the phone even if you remove the SD card), Dropbox, Evernote widget (while the full Evernote does move to SD, I can't see the logic in that), Gallery Lock (understandable), the Hacker's keyboard, LED Light, MyPhoneExplorer, Silent Sleep, Wifi Manager and a fair number of others. Why one e-banking program will move and the other not must be a matter of sloppy programming or, in some cases, the publisher not wanting the app to be taken out of the phone on the SD card as it may contain sensitive data or because it needs to stay with the hardware, like a keyboard or wifi app.
    Trial and error. See what you can do without and if there are alternatives that take up less space or move to SD.
  4. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

If you root your Ray, you could use Link2SD to move apps to SD card.