Phone modified?Support

1. DustInDallas

DustInDallas Member

I have a Huawei Activa 4g, it is rooted. I have reason to believe that the system ROM has been reflashed. I don't want to get into the specifics as to why, but is there any way to download a system image and reflash it to this phone that is unmodded straight out of the box? Doesn't even need to be rooted.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BlazingFire258

BlazingFire258 Well-Known Member

Yeah, its completely possible to do that (no root required).

First, see if you can do this; hold down the UP Volume button and then hold the power button until a white screen goes on, it should say something like "Updating with tfupdate.img" and after a second it'll say "no tfupdate.img found, system will reboot now". if you can do that then you should be good.

Now go to this website and click download and save; Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

It'll give you a zip file, extract and copy the folder called "image" on to the root of your Activa SD card.

Now do the same thing I asked you to do in the beginning, hold the UP Vol button and the Power button and it should update your phone. It will take a while to complete and on your first boot it will take a long time to load. After that your phone should be restored back to how it was. Also, do a factory reset if you want to remove everything, the image only restores all apps in the ROM but doesn't remove user apps ftr. Hope this helps
    DustInDallas likes this.
  3. DustInDallas

DustInDallas Member

This has been the best piece of advice I have received in a long time. I have fully restored the compromised phone!!!
  4. BlazingFire258

BlazingFire258 Well-Known Member

:D You're welcome! This phone is really low end so I've been tinkering and messing with it a lot in my free time. I've given it an almost exact ICS theme that I've personally made but I haven't released it yet. I'll release it when it's done. Glad to be of assistance