Phone must have ran too hot

Last Updated:

1. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Phone was left in my car while at work, phone was pretty hot when I picked it up. while driving home and phone plugged into charger noticed the led was blinking red/green. Unplugged and led went away. Replugged and blinked red/green again. No notifications or anything, just led blinking. Didn't think to look at phone temp as I have 'system panel lite' loaded. but after a few minutes with cool air in the car it went back to the normal orangish led while charging.

Scared the crap outta me, but I'm assuming the phone was too hot. In case anyway sees that.

And before asking, I'm unallowed to bring my cell into the work area, secure enviornment, so next time it will be in the glove compartment or whatever so the sun doesn't beat down on it.

Advertisement
  2. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

You leave your $400+ phone in your car in plain sight? :eek:
    (It had to be if the sun beat down on it.)

Be careful...two of my friends have been victims of smash and grabs in the last month. Keep that puppy hidden.

On a serious note, since you have to leave your phone in the car, you could use a small cooler and wrap the phone in a sock and then put it into a ziplock baggie. Place the baggie/sock/phone inside the cooler on top of a few stacked "blue brick" things that you buy at WalMart and place in the freezer. On a hot day, it will keep your electronics cool. Then put it on the floorboards of the backseat and throw a towel or jacket over it.

Best of luck.

as329 likes this.
  3. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Now that is some serious love for your phone, lol

4. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I can actually use this. I have meetings at a prison frequently, in the middle of the day in Arizona. Because my meetings are usually with inmates, I can't take my phone in. Last time, I had to cool the phone via the AC for a few minutes.

I'll rig something like this up for next week.

5. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

My phone reached 130 while charging, and it blew the battery up..so be careful :D

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Okay, my husband works in a prison where they are not allowed to take cell phones in at all so he has to leave his HTC Eris in the HOT car in Tucson AZ. Enclosed cars in Tucson exceed 150 degrees in summer. He bought 2 of those plastic ice paks, and an otterbox to put his phone in from the sporting goods store. Now he puts them in a small styrofoam cooler and his phone stays nice and cool all day.

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

The trunk is the coolest part of your car when parked in the sun. Also the safest to leave a valuable object.

8. no0b4lif3

no0b4lif3 Member

I can bring my phone into work, but can't use it. So I usually just put it in a sweatshirt pocket folded up on the seat. On hot days it seems warm, but nothing too crazy. Haven't noticed any issues yet.

9. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Very good suggestions on this Thread.

+1 to everyone.

A few days ago, my wife was laying ON my phone in the bed, and it overheated. It hit 110 Degrees. The previous day I downloaded EcoCharger. It saved my phone in my personal opinion.

I highly recommend everyone to download EcoCharger for their highly expensive phones. lol It has features:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Eco Charger
    by AgileSoft Resource
    10,000 downloads, 246 ratings (4.1 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

- Battery charged notification
    - High voltage notification
    - Battery overheat notification
    - Audio notification on/off
    - Vibrator notification on/off

It's a must have.

10. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Ha ha this post is great lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

11. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not so much in plain site but not in the best place. Trust my surroundings a little being on a heavily patrolled military base. I've learned my lesson on this one though, and thanks for the suggestions. I think the trunk sounds like a good idea.

12. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

And there is an added benefit to the cooler idea that no one has mentioned yet. Road "pops"...Or real pop if your underage.

Just remember, its only illegal if you get caught.

If you dont feel comfy cracking a cold beer while driving then jack and coke in a cooler works just as well.

13. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

That must be one hot wife you've got there, Matlock;)

14. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Can't complain. :D