Phone Mutes when using car stereo AUXGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gsd0519

gsd0519 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a cable that goes from a headphone jack to my aux inputs (2 rca's) in my Honda Pilot.

When listening to Pandora over the speakers, with the stereo set to AUX it works great. But when a call comes in, and I hit Accept, the phone stays muted. If I unmute, it ends the call.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I use the headphone jack to plug straight into the AUX 3.5mm input on the front of my Kenwood car stereo. When a call comes in it pauses play of Pandora and I can hear caller through my car speakers. I just have to make sure the phone is close enough to me so caller can hear me as well.

Your issue sounds like it has to do with the 2 RCA inputs to the stereo, do you have a single AUX 3.5mm input?

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I too go from the 3.5mm to two RCA inputs to the back of my stereo. My phone works just like Dragonbro's does, no problem with mute. Note that I'm using either Listen or the native MP3 player, not Pandora. I don't know if that would be a difference or not.
    Pandora wouldn't have a 'mute phone' option would it? Nah, that would be silly....

4. cstamper

cstamper Member

I don't have any problems w/the phone muting when using Pandora but when I play MP3s using the native music player, it skips and fast forwards and stops - it's almost like a record player sitting in the truck. It's unusable. ???? :confused: