• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone needs a Jump-Start

SirVirtuo

Lurker
Oct 29, 2012
Hi, I just recently got my Kyocera Rise last week, and have had absolutely NO issues with it whatsoever, and it has worked perfectly for everything I have expected from it -- except one little issue.

Whenever my phone powers down, for whatever reason, (be it update restarts, or manual shutoff) it can not, and will not turn back on. The only way to turn it on is to plug it into a power source, either AC adapter or usb power from a computer, and then turn it on. After I have it on, I can unplug it, and use it for whatever battery life it has left, which i usually keep it above 30%. It will last for hours, and will work perfectly fine after that. The only thing is that I can't get my phone to respond to the power button if it is shut off. Any idea what I can do to repair this? It sounds like a new phone might be the trick, but there is nothing wrong with this one currently aside from that, and amazon took forever to ship my last one even with Prime 2 day and the fact it had a few of them in stock at the time when I purchased.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones