phone needs to boot twice??

Last Updated:

1. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have updated to froyo using koushs bootstrap. And when I rebooted my phone I got stuck in a bootloop. I got scared as hell!! I then decided to do a battery pull and it booted fine. Earlier this morning I woke up to test it out again and I had the same problem! :(

Im curious to what causes this and if it can be fixed without having to flash .sbf

Im scared to run the fly x rom now because I don't want to worsen the situation.

What do??:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

Yeah I was having that issue.
    It would boot, then get stuck on the moto logo.
    Id have to pull the batt and reboot it..I would work fine after 2nd try.
    ..to fix I did the SBF..Ive flashed my phone over 10 times now..so its like whatever for me..

3. aloha.android

I believe I have all the right tools and the general knowledge of a successful sbf. You need rsd lite with the patched .ini. and before flashing you must wipe cache? (How do I go about that??) And then you open up rad lite.. set your phone up for boot by holding volume down, camera and power. Place .sbf inside filename, smoke a cigarette and chill. Correct??

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

you have to wipe data and cache, which you can do in recovery by pressing volume down+camera button then when the picture shows up press search, or you can do it easily in rom manager

5. DroidEye22

DroidEye22 Well-Known Member

Lol flashing the SBF is really normal for me now i do it everyday when im modding my X and i accidently brick it. I do everyday lol like 50 times in total

6. aloha.android

I'm a little afraid to put my phone into boot. Being the fact that my phone needs to bootload twice will boot work on the first try?? I haven't shut off my phone since I confirmed it needs to boot twice for it to load up.

So even though I got this problem should powering it to boot work?? How can I wipe data and cache through adv invade I can't boot into recovery either??