Phone never charges to 100%, stops at 60%General

Last Updated: 2012-12-12 03:34:53
  1. rabelanger

rabelanger New Member

Before I start, I wanna mention Ive looked everywhere, I cant find similar issues. I have yakju 4.2.1, bootloader unlocked, originnaly I had yakjuux (on fido in canada).

For some time now, when I charge my phone, using the original charger, my phones charges up to 60% and stops there. It keeps saying it charges, but never goes over 60. My battery will last me a few hours, but really nothing great. I just bought a new battery, the extended battery from samsung for the GSM version. Still stops at 60. This happens phone opened or closed.

Another weird thing I noticed is that if I remove the battery after a full night charge, which would give me a few hours, the phone battery will show me 0%.

I love my phone but this is driving me nuts, I can't be the only one with this problem... any feedback would be amazing.

Advertisement
  2. zakatak306

zakatak306 Member

I had the same issue and ended up getting a replacement through Verizon. It turned out to be the power block. So hopefully that is what your problem is rather than a phone issue
  3. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Sounds like the charger is the problem or the USB port. Have you tried another charger?
  4. Dmeeks90

Dmeeks90 Well-Known Member

Or you have a bad battery :smokingsomb: