Phone not connecting suddenlySupport

Last Updated:

1. Combat Marty

Combat Marty Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All.

Honestly, it seems the more I play around with this phone, the more problems I encounter. This time it has to do with the connection to the PC.

I recently installed Samsung PC Studio 7. The problem starts when I try to connect the phone to the PC via the program. When prompted to insert the phone to pc via USB (using the "Get Connected" icon) it suddenly wont go anywhere! :mad:

My phone is suddenly not recognised by this software. It worked fine for the initial PC Studio i installed from the provided CD, so why not here??

I tried uninstalling/re-installing the drivers, the pc studio itself, re-setting the phone, de-bugging on/off, mass storage on/off, practically everything under the sun, and all to no avail.

Can anyone provide assistance on this matter PLEASE???? :confused::confused::confused: Using Samsung Galaxy Spica

Advertisement
  2. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

Have you upgraded to Android 2.1 in the meantime. Afaik PC Studio stop working then and you're direkted to something called Kies (google it). At least that's what happened when I upgraded one from 1.5 to 2.1 just yesterday...

Or maybe I'm way off...

3. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Forget Kies/NPS.

If you wish to copy or delete files or just browse the contents of your SD card, connect the USB cable mount the card from the phone and browse it from your PC as a remote drive.

And if you want to edit your contacts/calendar, sync your phone with Gmail, then log into your gmail account from your PC and edit them there.

4. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

I tried Kies once because it came with my phone. First it took ages to install, second it was ugly as sin and third; I couldn't really figure out what it was supposed to do which cant be done without it.

Oh... and I never could get it to talk to the Spica other than as a mass storage device anyway.

5. Combat Marty

Combat Marty Member This Topic's Starter

Thanx for the replies thus far guys.

Thing is that I want to install apps through this software as the Android Market is seriously in need of attention. Everytime I tried to download an app it would get stuck at "starting download"

I read on the forums on this matter that apparently I'm not the only one who has this dilemma. Secondly, I want to upgrade to android 2.1 and my current PC studio won't recognise the phone, but that I read is a common occurance

6. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

If you want 2.1, follow root guide. 2.1 may also solve all your market problems.