1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Phone not connecting to wifi

1. winnipegk

winnipegk Well-Known Member

My phone won't connect to my home network...it is stuck on "Obtaining IP address"

I'm on wifi on my laptop with no problems, so it's not the network.

I've removed the connection and re-added it. I've turned off the phone and taken the battery out. It still says "obtaining IP address"

Any suggestions?

eta: called my service provider again and they're going to send someone out just to make sure it's not my connection...but my laptop is working just fine, so not sure.

Advertisement
  2. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

Hi

When this has happened to me I've had to reset the actual router/modem either via the reset button or turning it off and then on again.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Something similar happened to Frisco (the Guide Leader) recently... his (and too other people's) laptops could connect to his wifi, but 3 or 4 phones and an ipod couldn't. As Goreygirl said, a reset (using a paperclip in the reset hole, usually at the back of the router) sorted his issue... could be worth a go!
    Goreygirl likes this.