• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone not dropping to 1x when sending texts

MFFNike

Jan 6, 2010
TX
Interesting problem...

Lately, not all the time, whenever I send a text, I watch the reception bar at the top and it is not dropping to 1x to send the text. In addition, some of my friends have not been receiving my texts when I send them.

Are these two things related? I swear I've seen it before where it drops to 1x to send the text, and then goes back to 3G..

I guess it's also possible that the phone is dropping to 1x, but the bar up top isn't updating?

Thanks in advance.

If I send a text to someone that's NOT on Verizon, I don't put too much stock in it if they don't get it (or don't get it very quickly).

If other Verizon users aren't getting your texts, then maybe you're onto something.

I wouldn't put too much stock in not seeing it go to 1x.

Did you just get your phone? Has it gone through the OTA updates yet?

If you go Home > Menu > Settings > About PHone > (scroll down) see that your software version is 1.17.605.1

Upvote 0
Thanks, that confirms what I am thinking.

The majority of the people that I text with are AT&T users - are there known issues with cross-network text messages frequently not arriving?

Always has been. Send the message a second time. That's what I do, anyway.

Cricket is the worst. My gf misses 1 or 2 texts every day, OR gets it 2 hours later. Or she texts me and I don't get it/don't get it right away.

Same with my friends on Sprint.

Same with AT&T.

T-Mobil isn't as bad. Strangely, the Verizon 'Message Receipt' works if you're texting T-Mobile people, just like Verizon people. So at least you know if they don't get it.

It's lame. It's friggen SMS. These networks should have figured it out by now.

Upvote 0
Interesting problem...

Lately, not all the time, whenever I send a text, I watch the reception bar at the top and it is not dropping to 1x to send the text. In addition, some of my friends have not been receiving my texts when I send them.

Are these two things related? I swear I've seen it before where it drops to 1x to send the text, and then goes back to 3G..

I guess it's also possible that the phone is dropping to 1x, but the bar up top isn't updating?

Thanks in advance.

I have noticed this also...

And not to hijack the thread...but is it a know issue with delays in sending and receiving texts?...

Sometimes it takes up to 20 mins to receive a txt...

Upvote 0
Recently, i brought a palm pre because i was sick of the lags on the eris(i switched back sense) and as much as I loved webos....i would notice that there were strong delays in texts to both verizon and non verizon phones....and sometimes messages would not deliver because ppl said they never received my text....

i never really have an issue with my eris though but a friend who has the pre plus told me that they never experienced the issue i was experiencing

so maybe it's isolated issues with bad batches of erises?

idk....

just my two cents

Upvote 0
Recently, i brought a palm pre because i was sick of the lags on the eris(i switched back sense) and as much as I loved webos....i would notice that there were strong delays in texts to both verizon and non verizon phones....and sometimes messages would not deliver because ppl said they never received my text....

i never really have an issue with my eris though but a friend who has the pre plus told me that they never experienced the issue i was experiencing

so maybe it's isolated issues with bad batches of erises?

idk....

just my two cents

For years, I've had this issue, with any phone I had. The same 'Texts not getting to the recipient' or not coming to me in a timely fashion have happened REGARDLESS of phone.

I can think of instances, right now, of getting into fights with ex-girlfriends and the current one while using my LG EnV. Great phone, btw.

I've even gotten a different phone number and plan since, and the same issues exist.

You guys have all been getting lucky with your calls/texts if you've always had good success, I'd say.

I STILL can't get MMS from me to Sprint users. Cricket just opened themselves up to MMS for us, finally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones