• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone not found

I am new to android and to this forum but I needed to find some help.

I have the Gt540 and have downloaded all items per the instructions on how to upgrade it to 2.1. However when I connect my phone to the laptop the KDZ updater starts unpacking and then says "phone not found".

I was wondering if this was due to the laptop and would I be better off doing this from a desktop (where USB ports have constant power) or does it matter.

I am running it on AT&T and I am in south Carolina (USA)

Is it something I am doing wrong? I have changed my PC settings so that the USB ports should not be an issue but I don't want to brick my phone...just get it to perform better.

I have read that the update really helps this phone....its pretty slow right now. Please help

I am new to android and to this forum but I needed to find some help.

I have the Gt540 and have downloaded all items per the instructions on how to upgrade it to 2.1. However when I connect my phone to the laptop the KDZ updater starts unpacking and then says "phone not found".

I was wondering if this was due to the laptop and would I be better off doing this from a desktop (where USB ports have constant power) or does it matter.

I am running it on AT&T and I am in south Carolina (USA)

Is it something I am doing wrong? I have changed my PC settings so that the USB ports should not be an issue but I don't want to brick my phone...just get it to perform better.

I have read that the update really helps this phone....its pretty slow right now. Please help

Disable LG Modem Driver in Device Manager... Good Luck

Upvote 0
tried that. still can't get this to work. Anyone in my area...I will pay you to help me get this done. I have heard of other people paying $30 for this so that is my offer.

If you are near me and are willing to help me upgrade my LG I will pay you for a SUCCESSFUL upgrade.

Check here: [FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread ! - Android @ MoDaCo

Btw, from where on earth this paying came from? :/

Upvote 0
I don't know if it helps you but i had the same problem in my desktop when i tried to connect my gt540 to the front case usb, when i used the rear ones it worked like a charm, so it might be a power issue.

By the way, don't offer payment in user forums, it's all about helping each other.

Upvote 0
Often you may require an update for the OS in your pc. Check windows update for a google fastboot update. I had the same issue and after installing the update it worked fine - I'm running win 7 ultimate. Also disable both LG modem drivers in your device manager so it will pick up the phone itself rather than see it as a modem accessory.

Dude Can you Give Me Link What To Download And What To Install ? i Am Not Getting Your Point .. :) Pls Do 1 Favour.. Give me The Download Link That i Shoud Install :)

My Pc - Running Windows xp
Ram- 1gb
HDD - 160gb

:) Thanx :D

Upvote 0
Dude Can you Give Me Link What To Download And What To Install ? i Am Not Getting Your Point .. :) Pls Do 1 Favour.. Give me The Download Link That i Shoud Install :)

My Pc - Running Windows xp
Ram- 1gb
HDD - 160gb

:) Thanx :D

Replied in other thread, please try not to make multiple posts... Thanks

y dont u just use the lg mobile support tool

He's trying to install SwiftDroid...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones