• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone not reading internal SD card

juan12456

Oct 1, 2011
My LG Esteem is not recognizing the internal SD card. it is only using the internal memory. Was using idifta's ics themed rom, i thought maybe that was the problem so i switched to gingersteem extreme and it still does the same thing. It's weird because i can still see my pictures and videos... and when i go to recovery the phone can still use the internal sd card. but when i download things it saves them to the internal memory and not the sd card.......... help ? :)

also usb connectivity with pc doesnt work.................................................... is my phone broken?

My LG Esteem is not recognizing the internal SD card. it is only using the internal memory. Was using idifta's ics themed rom, i thought maybe that was the problem so i switched to gingersteem extreme and it still does the same thing. It's weird because i can still see my pictures and videos... and when i go to recovery the phone can still use the internal sd card. but when i download things it saves them to the internal memory and not the sd card.......... help ? :)

also usb connectivity with pc doesnt work.................................................... is my phone broken?

USB connect was an issue ongoing for GSE 1.5 but fixed in 2.2 I thought.

If you are downloading from your browser it will usually save everything to internal by default. Use https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en
from the market(like a windows file explorer for your phone) to see whats downloaded and you can move(copy & paste) from folder to folder within your phone. A easier setting to change somewhere probably but have gotten used to doing it this way:D

Upvote 0

With a file manager look in /sdcard/_ExternalSD. Trust me it's there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones