• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone not recognized when in Download Mode (Odin)

Hey guys, I'm really looking for some help here, I recently cracked the screen on my primary phone (Kyocera Hydro) And now the screen is black, it's done for, So now I am using my old Samsung Replenish and am having lots of trouble while rooting it. It's running 2.3.6 stock Gingerbread, never been rooted, and I just can't get it to connect when it's in Download Mode?

It says that I need to install the drivers for my "MSM7x27" I have searched the internet inside and out for those drivers and can't find it, However, My phone is recognized when turned on regular, and I can view files on it, transfer ect. like everything is normal. In order to root I have to put CWM 5.0.2.7 On it, But that's where I'm stuck! I can't even connect it when i'm in download mode and the Odin Multi Downloader v4.42 (The one that I found in many trusted root guides) wont detect it either.

PLEASE HELP

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones