• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *Phone not Sleeping again*

ZDK

Mar 18, 2010

Peace All,

Well...I took the plunge and finally rooted my phone (hand clap!!). I flashed a custom kernel (by NETARCHY[4.0.3a]). At 1st everything worked fine (followed EarlyMon's "How to Fix FROYO"---since i lost all my data). The following day i tried another kernel (baked kernel #5). That kernel didnt work to well on my phone so I reflashed NETARCHY's kernel.
When i noticed that my battery was draining quickly, i looked in my SPARE PARTS and noticed that my phone is not sleeping---problem is I dont know what it is. Any ideas? Do i need to do a hard reset again---or should i flash another kernel?? Stuck between a rock and a hard place
(Mods--did this in a rush, please excuse if this is posted in wrong forum)

THANKS ADVANCE
-ZDK-

Peace all,

I tried the above mentioned--and also did a full wipe w/ TITAINUIM BACKUP (love that app) to NO AVAIL...my phone is still not sleeping:mad:. I wonder if one of the apps ive got running is keeping my phone awake? Is there any app i can d/l that will tell me this?---I have SPARE PARTS already

thanks in advance
-ZDK-

Upvote 0
Peace all,

I tried the above mentioned--and also did a full wipe w/ TITAINUIM BACKUP (love that app) to NO AVAIL...my phone is still not sleeping:mad:. I wonder if one of the apps ive got running is keeping my phone awake? Is there any app i can d/l that will tell me this?---I have SPARE PARTS already

thanks in advance
-ZDK-

I had this issue for a couple of weeks and no matter what I did, I was unable to get the phone to sleep. I thought it was a rouge app but spare parts did not show the app that was keeping my phone awake. I did a full data wipe and started re-installing my apps one at a time. For a week, my phone was sleeping properly so I figured problem solved. As soon as I launched google maps for the first time, my phone stopped sleeping again. Eventually, I fixed it... not sure what I did but uninstall and re-install were among the steps taken.

Reactions: ZDK
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones