*Phone not Sleeping again*

Last Updated:

1. ZDK

ZDK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Peace All,

Well...I took the plunge and finally rooted my phone (hand clap!!). I flashed a custom kernel (by NETARCHY[4.0.3a]). At 1st everything worked fine (followed EarlyMon's "How to Fix FROYO"---since i lost all my data). The following day i tried another kernel (baked kernel #5). That kernel didnt work to well on my phone so I reflashed NETARCHY's kernel.
    When i noticed that my battery was draining quickly, i looked in my SPARE PARTS and noticed that my phone is not sleeping---problem is I dont know what it is. Any ideas? Do i need to do a hard reset again---or should i flash another kernel?? Stuck between a rock and a hard place
    (Mods--did this in a rush, please excuse if this is posted in wrong forum)

THANKS ADVANCE
    -ZDK-

Advertisement
  2. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I would reboot into recovery and wipe your cache and your dalvik and then boot up the phone and see how it does.

hawt and EarlyMon like this.
  3. ZDK

ZDK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Peace all,

I tried the above mentioned--and also did a full wipe w/ TITAINUIM BACKUP (love that app) to NO AVAIL...my phone is still not sleeping:mad:. I wonder if one of the apps ive got running is keeping my phone awake? Is there any app i can d/l that will tell me this?---I have SPARE PARTS already

thanks in advance
    -ZDK-

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I had this issue for a couple of weeks and no matter what I did, I was unable to get the phone to sleep. I thought it was a rouge app but spare parts did not show the app that was keeping my phone awake. I did a full data wipe and started re-installing my apps one at a time. For a week, my phone was sleeping properly so I figured problem solved. As soon as I launched google maps for the first time, my phone stopped sleeping again. Eventually, I fixed it... not sure what I did but uninstall and re-install were among the steps taken.

ZDK likes this.
  5. the hero

the hero Active Member

Is there any other way to fix this problem without having to re-flash a ROM?

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

what kernel do you have? do you have spare parts? you can check in basic spareparts setting/ battery usage and check your partial wake usage.

7. the hero

the hero Active Member

Never mind, I got it fixed. Just had to reboot the phone and it fixed itself.

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

glad that fixed it for you. for me rebooting or wiping cache and dalvik cache usually does the trick for most issues i encounter.

9. the hero

the hero Active Member

Thanks! :)