Phone not turning onSupport

Last Updated:

1. androidrulez

androidrulez Active Member

Hello, I have a problem with my Xperia X10.
    Just now after I tried to switch it on it just doesn't work.
    Even when I connect it using the USB to my Laptop it is not reacting.
    I also tried connecting to the mains, but then the green light blinks for a splitsecond and vibrates quickly but nothing happens after that.

I hope someone has a solution to this, because this seems to be the worst possible time for my phone to go mental :(

2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Take the battery out for 10 seconds, then put it back in and plug it in to the mains and leave it for an hour and see what happens. What network are you with?
    androidrulez likes this.
  3. androidrulez

I'm on Orange in UK, I will try connecting it the mains but I'm not sure what I will get out of it as the battery was fully charged.
  4. X10iUser

Make sure you take the battery out as you might find it's just playing up.
  5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I had this a few weeks ago, I just left it connected to the mains charger for 30-60 minutes and it was working :)
  6. androidrulez

Ok I have left it connected to the mains for the night and still no result. :confused:
  7. X10iUser

You'll have to ring Orange then, not sure what else to suggest.
  8. faizalahzan

faizalahzan New Member

9. faizalahzan

faizalahzan New Member

10. gadramsay

gadramsay New Member

As promised in my "Hi there" message, the following is my adventure with an X10 I bought on eBay, which was advertised as "won't turn on".
    When it was plugged in, there was no light. The battery was charged. Pushing the power button gave a short vibration, then nothing. Pushing the button again did nothing. Only after removing the battery and waiting a while, re-inserting the battery and pushing the power button again gave a short vibration, then nothing.:confused:
    Plugging the USB cable in to phone and computer gave no result. The phone was simply dead. read somewhere on this forum about using Sony PC Companion to re-install firmware/software, but the phone would not be seen by the software, and it wouldn't switch on.:mad:
    Got creative. Run PC Companion, started the "support zone" and followed the instructions until it came to connecting the phone.:( It couldn't see the phone?? unplugged the phone, took out the battery, plugged in the USB cable again, and only THEN replaced the battery, the computer pinged and away it went. Took a while, but the phone booted up fine, is loaded with Android 2.3, and works great.:D
    This is the second ebay bargain X10 I've bought. Both needed a good system clean out, but both are in great condition, look classy, and work very well. the first one cost me