phone not turning onSupport

Last Updated:

1. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had my phone on the desk. and when i went to go grab it the phone seem to be off. and when i try to turn it on i just get a blinking red light. i tried plugging it in to see if maybe the battery died but nothing the phone just blinks a red light. i tried removing the battery and that doesnt do anything. what happend to my phone?

Advertisement
    skymeg1234 likes this.
  2. fwipside

fwipside Member

If the batter is completely dead it will need a minute or two to get a decent enough charge to turn on. Also it's better to charge via a wall plug rather through a usb cord attached to a computer.

skymeg1234 likes this.
  3. ssn

ssn Member

There was less charge on my phone when I connected via USB and left it for charging... The yellow light indicating that it was getting charged appeared though it battery symbol didnot have the lightning on it(phone was not charging). Once all charge got drained it got switched off and now not getting charged anywhere- both wall plug and usb! Phone is completely dead for the whole day and still not working... What should I do ?? :(

4. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Find someone with the same battery or head to a cell phone store and see what happens if you try a working battery in your phone.

Make sure you are charging the phone with the original Sony USB cable.

5. rvijay

rvijay New Member

I came across a issue where my X10 was not booting and on connecting AC charger, it blinks the Red LED three times at regular interval and On connecting via USB cable with Laptop, still the red LED was blinking, but X10 failed to BOOT

Answer to this:

I took the battery out and measured the voltage with a multimeter, it came out to be 2.9. I plugged into Ac charger, but it didnt increased from 2.9 and Red LED was blinking three times regularly.

Then I connected it to USB cable to laptop (where the RED LED was blinking once at regular interval)
    After 10 min I again checked the battery with a multimeter, it was 3.3V.

I waited for another 30 minutes and BINGO. There was a constant RED LED and the phone booted successfully.

I saw strange posts on this topic, but the root cause :: It happens when battery gets completely drained.

THREE TIME RED LED means its not able to charge it.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!

6. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

I have found that charging via ac adapter charges alot faster than via pc....so when I want a quick power boost, I'll charge via ac, when I want a deep charge I'll charge via pc.

7. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

had this exact same issue before and even with a brand new battery it did the same the red light was blinking and did not charge.

it was a motherboard issue.