• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone number on Android System Hasn't Changed -- HELP

D

Deleted User

I recently got a HTC Wildfire from T-Mobile UK and obviously got a new number with it. I wanted to keep the number from my old phone so I got it moved to my new phone.

When I go to About Phone on Settings and click on Phone Identity, the mobile number remains the same as the number I replaced, anyway I can make it so the phone number changes to my new one?

I recently got a HTC Wildfire from T-Mobile UK and obviously got a new number with it. I wanted to keep the number from my old phone so I got it moved to my new phone.

When I go to About Phone on Settings and click on Phone Identity, the mobile number remains the same as the number I replaced, anyway I can make it so the phone number changes to my new one?

I'm wondering if you need to activate the new number by doing a factory data reset of the phone.

But it sounds like an issue that your carrier can resolve for you via their support lines. Give them a call, or take your device to a T-Mobile store.

Upvote 0
The same thing happened with my T-Mobile account. Even though I ported my AT&T number to T-Mo, the original T-Mo number is displayed in the status field. However if I install my other AT&T SIM, the correct AT&T number is displayed.

You most likely need to get a new SIM, if the account was opened under a different number.

Upvote 0

hi, sorry to be a pest but did you get your issue resolved as I am having the very same issue, and would also like to know how to sort it. I kept my old sim/number in a new vodfone contract htc wildfire but two days later went back and ask for a new sim so I could keep the original sim in my old phone. The lady in the shop did this and said it wouldnt be a problem!, but also since then I have not been able to register for a vodafone online account I dont know if these two issues are related?. Anyway any info would be great thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones