• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Number recognition microsoft documents

Paroxysm

Lurker
Sep 23, 2012
Hi guys,

Hoping someone has come across this before as i have searched and cant find anything. I have a Galaxy S III and running 4.1.1. My work relies on making a lot of calls and staff lists are stored on the phone in word and excel formats. I noticed on my colleagues iPhone that he had the ability to call straight from a number in the excel or word document. It appears that the iPhone recognised the 10 digits as a mobile phone number and would let you call directly from it.

I am currently having to edit the cell and copy and paste the number into a dialler to make a call. Pretty inconvenient and frustrating when i make as many calls as i do.

Long and short of it does anyone know of an app that may asist with recognising these digits as a phone number or would it even indeed be OS dependant that it does not recognise it.

Thanks in advance.

First up, Thanks for the replies as its probably the only thing i was envious about (cr)apple. Word and Excel are used as that is what our roster program exports to. I have no qualms about converting the lists to whatever i need to make it easier if there is a viable option you could put to me?
Once again thanks in advance and i appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
I guess the easiest way would be to have Excel export a csv file so that that could be imported into Outlook. See ... Import and export text data with Outlook - Outlook - Office.com .... for what Outlook can import.

Can't really help more than that 'cos I've not played with csv files too much myself. There should be plenty of help on the old interweb though. I think this is one time that Google really is your best mate ..... :)

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones