Phone Number Saving More Than OnceSupport

1. hiluisagc

hiluisagc New Member

I have a couple of contacts that have only one number but for some reason it saves upto three times, it's very annoying when trying to text because it gives me the little box to select the one of the all same numbers. Please Help and Thank You in Advance!

Advertisement
  2. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

I have the same problem!! It seems to be only when I save it on my phone - NOT when I add it in my google account online...
  3. donas

donas Well-Known Member

Can't help, but to make you feel better - I have the same problem...usually 3 identical entries.
  4. iamfiretruck

iamfiretruck Well-Known Member

GO TO CONTACTS
    HIT MENU
    HIT SETTINGS
    UNCHECK THE BOXES NEXT TO ALL THE ACCOUNTS
    When you add a new contact it adds it to each account that is check to receive new contact data... just uncheck all the boxes to your non main accounts (it auto checks the box when a new account is added) and delete the contacts linked to the non main account...
  5. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

Not sure what phone you are using but that sure isn't how my DX is set up. I have the same problem. I'm using Touchdown for Exchange Server.

This type of problem seems persistent with the Android and DX. Use Dialer One and no matter what I seem to do, after a call, it defaults back to the standard Dialer. Got this double contact entry thing as well.