Phone numbers not appearing in contact list - SIM and PHONE ticked

Last Updated:

1. TechnicallyChallenged

TechnicallyChallenged New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I've had a Samsung Galaxy Apollo for 2 days and have managed to lose my contacts that were transferred across from my old phone by the shop. I can only see my SIM card contacts in the contact list (my SIM card was full, so a lot of numbers were saved onto my old phone). I've checked the display options and the PHONE list is ticked as well as the SIM list. However, when I type in the first 3 numbers to make a phone call, I can see a list of all the phone numbers starting with those 3 numbers, including the ones from the phone, not just the SIM. Confusingly, the numbers that are on the SIM appear twice at this point, while the numbers from the old phone appear once. Also, when I try to save a picture onto a contact, I again get the whole list of all numbers, both SIM and phone; I've tried saving a picture onto a number that is on the SIM but when I go back to the contact list, the picture is not on that number.
    I've called SAMSUNG who can't solve the problem of where my numbers have gone.
    Does anyone know where these numbers are being stored on the new phone and why I can't see them in my contact list?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

3. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Welcom to the forums glad to have you here.

4. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned

I think this is the wrong section, but nice to meet you :)

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! :)