phone numbers not copied over correctly?

Last Updated:

1. error404

error404 Member This Topic's Starter

So, as of today I have a Motorola Droid coming up for my old Nokia phone. I had BestBuy set me up with the Droid, but when they tried to copy over my contacts to the Droid, they said it failed 3 times and just wouldn't go. They said they COULD get the contacts off of my old phone, but it didn't seem to go over to the new phone for some reason.

Well, I called a number that I knew was in the contacts of my old phone just to test the phone to make sure the phone itself was working when I got home, and when I hung up the call I noticed that it actually showed the name of the person (not their actual name, but the nick-name that I gave them in my old phone) and also showed me the alternate phone number to contacts them with (their cell number). Sooo... it looks like SOMETHING was transfered to my phone, but when I go into "contacts" there is nothing listed. Even when I view the call log, it doesn't show their name anymore, only when I first hung up the call did it show me their name.

Is there a secondary contact list somewhere that they could possibly have been copied over to, and not the main contacts section? I'd really love to get all these phone numbers in there with out having to do it manually.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Are the numbers in Gmail? Did they synch back and go under something else there? If so, you should just be able to move them to 'contacts' and they will synch back to the phone.
    If not...no idea. Or, maybe, hook your Nokia up and save your contacts as .csv and then import them to Gmail??

3. error404

error404 Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have many phone numbers in my gmail contacts, mostly just emails. I suspect I should probably go through and start adding the phone numbers to them by hand, and then just sync my phone contacts with my gmail contacts?

I don't know that there is any way to get the contacts off of my old phone onto my laptop. There IS a microSD card slot, but I've not yet found a way in my old phone to actually export the phonebook list.