Phone occasionally not ringing going to vmSupport

Last Updated:

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had a few of occasions that my incredible doesn't ring but goes straight to voice mail. Not always from the same caller and not any common apps running that I can think of. The callers have told me they heard 5 or 6 rings and then got voice mail. I checked their phone entries and straight to voice mail is not checked. I had two of them call me right back and the phone rang. I am not using Google voice. It maybe too early to call it a problem but thought I would post to see if any others have had this happen.

Advertisement
  2. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Did you have your phone in your pocket?

I have a feeling that the proximity and light sensors think that the phone is screen down which silences the ringer. I've had my phone in my pocket only to see a few missed calls where I never heard the ringer.

Not sure but thats what I think....

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think that is it. Twice it has happened while in my carry case and twice while sitting on the table right next to me with the sensor completely unblocked..

4. DroidINC10

DroidINC10 Member

Mine does that as well, but so does my wife's LG phone. Maybe just poor reception? That is usually the case for me...

5. pandrea

pandrea New Member

my htc sensation keeps going straight to voicemail and i cant get any calls. unless someone leaves a message i dont even know ive had a call. can anyone help

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Do you have good reception? Can you make outgoing calls?