Phone only mode to save batteries?Tips

Last Updated:

1. irishgator

irishgator Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to put this phone into a PHONE ONLY mode? The idea here is to turn off all Android functions and have it operate as only a phone, calls and texts only. The idea here would be to maximize battery life if you know that you are going to be away from power for a long time, and want to be sure you can use the phone if an emergency arises.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You can turn off all data if you want. but obviously you can't "turn off Android".

3. wuclan48

wuclan48 Active Member

Turn off the "mobile network" in the wireless settings menu. I'm using the "easy switch" widget to do just that.

4. fortcollins

fortcollins Member

this is what i do. my phone is not rooted. i turn on mobile network only when i need to. today i am over 13 hours since unplugged with nearly 5 hours use.

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

Mobile network switch widgets - settings - mobile network ;)

6. droidkilla

droidkilla Member

I turned everything off in the backround and my battery never lasted past 7pm so there is not much you can do unless you find a 3rd party battery solution. Shame I had to return such a good phone for such a dumb reason.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What? If you had everything off, the phone should have lasted days... Unless you were doing some heavy talking and texting.

8. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

This

Fly away troll~
    Unless you meant 7PM two days later.

Seriously
    Just turning off the "connect to network" made my phone have completely ridiculous battery life. I just need to find something that will give this phone the sort of functionality WinMobile had where it just connects to the network when something actually needs it. Some of us don't really need to be plugged in all the time no matter what. Until we get that, though, I'll just turn off "connect to network" when I don't need it if I'm trying to save on battery.

9. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

What are the 'hidden' drawbacks to this? I know I cant receive and kind of email or news updates.

I did notice that the voice messages do not go to visual voicemail.

10. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Just open up the app when you need it and it updates. No reason to have it mobile just so it has the update there waiting and meanwhile it keeps hitting the 3g.

11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member