Phone Only Mode?

1. Smooze

Smooze Member

Is there an app that will allow me to turn off all data and have just the phone work?

I love all the notifications I get but when I'm sleeping I need to hear the phone ring if someone calls but I don't need woke up everytime a sports score is posted or I get an e-mail.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Yes. Turn off mobile data. You'll lose everything apart from phone calls and text messages. Download the widget from the market and it's a 'one press' solution. :)
  3. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

I use settings profile for this exact purpose. I have it turn off all notifications except phone ring between the hours of 11:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M. if the phone is charging. That way if I'm up late and the phone is still on my hip I get everything but when I go to bed and plug the phone into the charger it leaves me alone.
  4. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

what kind of phone do you have??

If you have a Droid Eris, go to + => HTC Widget => Setting => Mobile Network

It provides a Toggle Widget anywhere on one of your screens that allow you to turn it on/off at the press of the toggle

hth
  5. Pysiek

Pysiek Member

Anthony 1 what is the widget???
  6. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

I use two widgets (both one-touch), one for WiFi and one for mobile data. The mobile data one is called "apndroid", the WiFi one is "WiFi OnOff"
    Jay-Eff likes this.
  7. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry. I've just checked and it's an HTC widget that came with my phone. I thought I'd downloaded it with the other 'curvefish' ones.
  8. Pysiek

Pysiek Member

Anthony1 I found that app on market and it's working great.
    Thanks
  9. Smooze

Smooze Member

I have a moto droid
  10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You just turn off notifications and not downloading anything.
  11. dbs

dbs Member

What application are you using? None of the apps I,ve scanned hinted at checking the charge status. TIA
  12. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

It's called "Setting Profiles". Sorry if I had the plural in the wrong place. It may not mention charge state in the description but it's there. The demo only allows one setup but that's all you need. I shelled out for the pay version so I can also have a car mode. It turns wifi off, gps on and auto starts "A Online Radio"
  13. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

If you hold the on/off button long enough a Phone Options menu appears Mobile network can be turned on/off at the bottom.
  14. dbs

dbs Member

Thanks, johnny. I bought the full version and am VERY impressed so far.

d