• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone only reboots into ClockworkMod Recovery...

Please help! Ever since I updated my Superuser (and binary) my phone automatically goes straight into ClockworkMod Recovery every time I turn it off and back on. From here I can "reboot system now" and it runs as normal, but in the past it only launched into ClockworkMod Recovery if my battery had depleted completely.

I have Titanium Backup do an automatic reboot after backing up every night, and now that it boots into ClockworkMod my alarm doesn't go off in the morning. How do I make it so my phone reboots normally again? :thinking:

Thanks in advance and happy Thanksgiving!

I have seen this many times. Go into your Droid 2 Bootstrap and click on "bootstrap Recovery" but do not click on "Reboot Recovery". Restart your phone through the power button.

Your phone is doing this because that is how Droid 2 Bootstrap is designed to work. It will go into CWR on the first boot as a precaution in case something goes wrong with your phone and it won't boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones