phone overheating/ not chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ericktrejo987

ericktrejo987 Member

my Behold II was working perfectly fine until yesterday it started getting really hot for no reason. then it started losing battery FAST so i did a hard reset and that didnt help. the battery even dies when its plugged it!

is this happening to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix this?

2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Either something is wrong with the charger or the battery has gone bad. STOP USING IT or the battery may overheat and explode causing a chemical fire. I'd say give Tmo a call or go to a store(a real store, not some kiosk) and show them.
  3. ericktrejo987

ericktrejo987 Member

what if it stopped as of this morning?
    should i still take it to a tmobile store?

i won this phone in the giveaway
  4. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Then you should talk Samsung directly.
  5. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

you won the phone? oh damn i did too, but i have no problems with it except the fact that 2.1 isn't out yet 0____o
  6. ericktrejo987

ericktrejo987 Member

yeah, i actually remember messaging you over YouTube asking how long it would take for my phone to arrive haha

anyways, the overheating problem stopped
  7. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

for some reason, i can't login to my youtube account. i have a new netbook, whats the deal? i sent for another password but never got a email.
  8. sisquoc15

sisquoc15 Member

Behold II battery has been good for weeks. In the past few days the battery will go from 90% to 3% in two hours with no usage (wifi/bt/gps off). It heats up as well. This seems to happen at random, as the battery will be good for a day between uses. Recently installed Astrid (and set hourly vibrate alarm) and Handcent.

BTW I got the OTA update.

Any ideas?
  9. ericktrejo987

ericktrejo987 Member

mine went away after like a day. just try to wait it out i guess
  10. BeeBubbaBella

BeeBubbaBella New Member

I had the same thing happen to me when I first got my phone (I won it from the Behold 2 Sweepstakes). I sent it to Samsung and they took about a month to repair it because they did not have a piece that was needed. Yesterday my phone overheated and shut off. I am mailing it back to Samsung so that they can once again repair it.
  11. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member

Mine started overheating yesterday while I was charging it. It got really hot, I never had this happen for the few weeks since I had it.
  12. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need a new charger if its not charging but its best to turn off your phone when you are charging so that that doesn't happen because even though its on charge you are still using battery and the "overheating" problem is normal it just happens sometimes.
  13. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

There are prolly apps running in the background.
  14. HendyZero20

HendyZero20 Active Member

Dude, This Definitly happened to me yesterday. Seriously. While I was at work. I was thinking it was because of the 1.6 so I just switched back to BH man 1.5 and my phone is doing fine. So ill just wait till BH Man Fine tunes 1.6 then Ill go back to it.
  15. HendyZero20

HendyZero20 Active Member

Well My phone charges guys, It just overheats and even tho ive just went back to BH Man 1.5 my phone is still Hot I dont know why. Yeah Ill probably just call Samsung or something.
  16. cini75104

cini75104 Member

Similar issue here: phone spontaneously powers down with little to no use on a fully charged battery. It's even powered down and back on its own. Call TMO, spoke with someone in tech support. Described issue and she said it seems as if battery's gone bad -- TMO sending me a free replacement battery. Also told if replacement battery didn't work; TMO would replace device.
  17. bruce.lewis

bruce.lewis New Member

I've had the same problem with the phone overheating while charging. Had to send the phone back. Now the replacement phone is doing the same thing.

Most recent problem - can not turn the phone on because I can't charge the battery in the phone. But had a spare battery and put it in. Phone turned on but when that battery died, could not charge it. Tried two different chargers. Neither will charge the batteries. Seems there is something in the phone that is heating up the phone while on the charger but not charging the battery.