• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone plan, what do you pay?

Just curious, what are you guys paying for your phone plan?

My mother and I share unlimited talk for $99/month, so I pay $50 of that. Then I have unlimited text for $15, and unlimited data for $29. This is my first smartphone, so I haven't had to pay for data plan before. It's getting EXPENSIVE!

Is there a better option/combination for me to keep unlimited everything, but pay less?

I read the reviews for PDAnet and it didn't come across as reliable. Is there a different app I should look into for free tethering? I can get rid of it any time,mI just thought I'd try it and see what speeds I could get, for Netflix and such. So far, it's like having broadband.

I've also read reports of T-Mobile blocking tethering unless you pay for it. Anyone?

Upvote 0
im on tmobile and i tether just fine. no extra charging at all. i barely hit 2GBs of my 5GB cap though. now i have a friend who tethers all....day....long. and i mean that literally. he hasnt seen any extra charges on his bill and he surpasses his cap. the only thing he does get is a text from tmble saying he's reached his cap and his data speeds will be lowered.

Upvote 0
Is tethering free? I've never even attempted it to be honest. I just figured that it wasn't because everyone else can't do it on other carriers.

to be honest, i think it is FOR NOW. before i rooted my 4G i used the regular hot spot with no problems. i havent seen a 15dollar tether charge on my bill yet. i mentioned before on this forum i believe that i spoke with several reps and they all said tethering was free. they pretty much encourage it. maybe later this will all change (for non rooted users) but for now its free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones