Phone randomly enters Airplane ModeSupport

1. psychomantis81

psychomantis81 New Member

Hey folks, has anyone else had this problem? Randomly my Indulge will just switch into airplane mode. I do keep the phone in my pocket but I really doubt that it is getting switched on in my pocket. What I find strange is that there will only be a checkmark on airplane mode in the settings>>Wireless & Network menu, but the icon on the drop down menu next to the silent icon will not be highlighted.

The only thing I can imagine doing this is my use of Juicedefender on extreme mode. I disabled juicedefender to see if it solves the problem, but I'd like to find out if anyone else is having this issue.

Advertisement
  2. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

i have. it sucks just a bug u gotta deal with. hasnt happened a lot though under 5 times
  3. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

This has never happened to me. Sounds very weird. nps531, are you using anything like JuiceDefender?

What has happened to me, however, is when I turn Airplane mode on for 5-10 seconds (in trying to coax my 4G to come back on) about 30-40% of the time it will lock up the phone. Then I have to reboot. Annoying to say the least.
  4. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Ok, neither of these two airplane mode problems have EVER happened to me... I think we can blame custom apps on your phones for that...
    Remember, a problem may not only be caused by one app alone, but also by two apps really not having a fun time being on the same phone at the same time... Think conflict resolution.
  5. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

I have been thinking that tiede, because I have had some general lagginess / wierdness / locking up going on. I will start uninstalling some apps and see if I can narrow it down... If I am able to do that, I will report back. Thanks.
    tiede likes this.
  6. LunarShadow

LunarShadow Member

I have had the same problem with mine going to in airplane mode I do not have juice defender installed. over the course of the last month it has happened 4 or 5 times, enough for me to take notice