1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone Randomly Reboots

1. KevinKonrad

KevinKonrad Active Member

I have been having an issue where my phone will often freeze and then a few seconds later the LG logo will appear and the phone will boot again. This occurs during normal use of the phone. This issue has persisted on the stock rom, BACKside rom, and Harmonia 2 rom, even with complete wipes (and not restoring anything) each time. Can anyone offer advice on why this happens?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

After doing what you've listed above, we can safely rule out software issues. I'm going to guess that it's a hardware issue and recommend either a new phone, or pay LG to repair it (since you are no longer under warranty since rooting the phone).
  3. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

Try running phone without sdcard and see if it helps. I had a OV that constantly rebooted and turned out to be faulty sdcard.
    Petrah likes this.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

If it doesn't do these issues with SD card not in, then backup the SD card to your computer, format it, put everything back on SD card. If you get issues again after putting in SD card then the SD card is physically broken and needs replacement.
  5. fezzle

fezzle Well-Known Member

This happens with mine all the time. I figured it was a limitation of the OV.

Are people saying that it may just be a bad SD card?
  6. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Do you have it overclocked or anything?
  7. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

I disagree... it might actually be something with the ram. When out of memory the phone will panic and reboot the phone to clear out the ram...what I did was download rom toolbox pro and set the sysctl to help Free up ram, as well as set the auto memory manager to aggressive after doing that I never had any issues with freezing or rebooting.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

If there's an issue with the phone already, this isn't a good idea. Reason being; it can hide the original issue. I don't recommend doing this for troubleshooting. We want to help find the issue, not put a bandaid on it.
  9. cpcollector

cpcollector Well-Known Member

I've seen this issue with alot of OV's stock and rooted. It's probably an issue with the battery, get a new one for $7 on eBay.
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I would like to buy one for $7 off of ebay, even if it's a bad ESN :D I want it just for ICS

I found cheap batteries and they can even work with my phone (just for anyone interested, I'm not trying to derail)
    [​IMG]Battery
  11. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

A hot battery will do that, get a temp program to watch it.

when over 100F mine would reboot, but it only did that when it was plugged in with data and wifi going and screen on.

To solve it I built a stand with a tiny fan in the back to keep air going over it, which keeps the temps in the 80s and no more reboots.