Phone randomly restarts... Anyone else?Support

Last Updated:

1. Hockeydood

Hockeydood Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I've been posting here and there on the forums for a little while, however I am not new to Android or cell phones. I am a former Sprint rep and technician and was my store's advocate for the Hero so I have quite a bit of knowledge as it stands. However the past 2 or 3 days my Evo has randomly restarted without any notice or any reason. I was sitting in my room watching TV last night when my phone restarted 3 separate times within a 35 minute span. Nothing was running, it wasn't charging, I haven't rooted yet, 4g bluetooth and wifi were all off. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Given the flimsy back cover - have you inspected the battery fit and placement to make sure it's in there nice and snug? What about the battery itself? Do you notice if one of the contact points aren't making good contact with the pins on the phone? Just trying to help..

3. Hockeydood

Hockeydood Member This Topic's Starter

I have the hard Body Glove case and the battery is very snug as its almost difficult to pull the battery out and all pins make firm contact and no pins are bent. Also the phone reset when it was sitting still on my bed not being used. If the pins or the battery itself was loose it would have restarted while it was being used, but so far that hasn't happened at all. Good thinkin tho. =)

4. CapnChainsaw

CapnChainsaw New Member

Haven't had it happen while the phone is just sitting (or at least not that I've witnessed) but, about 30% of the time that I try to use the navigation or the Google Goggles apps, the phone reboots as soon as the app launches.

5. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

Mine just did it on a phone call. The old lady thought I hung up on her.

6. Dose

Dose Well-Known Member

Yeah it happened to me once...im hoping it never happens again

7. InfamousStylesP

InfamousStylesP Active Member

i am having this problem too. it didn't start happening until i downloaded that update. im considering a hard reset.